Admission to UNSW is based on academic merit. Entry into the School of Psychology undergraduate programs is based on the performance of the following:
- Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR)
- Australian or New Zealand Senior Secondary studies
- University or post-secondary qualifications
- Overseas qualifications considered equivalent to Australian Year 12 studies
- Alternative entry programs such as ACCESS and UNSW Foundation Year
View domestic undergraduate entry requirements in detail. International students should check the UNSW International website for entry requirements from their country.
Please Note: The University Preparation Program (UPP) is not accepted for entry into the Bachelor of Psychology. However, the UPP is accepted for entry into the Bachelor of Psychological Science and the Bachelor of Science where a Major in Psychology can be completed.
HSC Plus is a bonus points system that rewards performance in Year 12 courses relevant to UNSW undergraduate programs.
The following Psychology programs are not included in HSC Plus:
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
Internal Program Transfer (IPT)
UNSW undergraduate students can apply via myUNSW (UNSW’s student portal) to transfer between UNSW undergraduate degrees.
IPT applications for the Bachelor of Psychology program are open for Semester 1 entry only. The Bachelor of Psychological Science program has Semester 2 as well as Semester 1 intake.
To be eligible for IPT for either program, students must:
- Have a minimum WAM of 75 overall and completed a minimum of 36 UOC at UNSW; and
- Have also have a minimum WAM of 75 in PSYC courses and completed a minimum of 12 UOC in PSYC courses.
Visit the IPT website for further information.
External Students Transferring to UNSW
If you are studying at another University in Australia or overseas and wish to transfer to USNW, please view the Transferring Students section of the UNSW website for further information.
Elite Athletes & Performers Program
UNSW offers the Elite Athletes and Performers Program which supports students with a flexible entry process and study arrangements. The Program awards up to five bonus points to students who have excelled in areas of sport, academia, performance, leadership, and/or music at a national or international level. Activities and/or commitments must have been undertaken in Years 11 and 12
For further information visit UNSW Elite Athletes and Performers Program website.