How to Apply
The School of Psychology is not accepting applications for either the Master of Psychology (Organisational) or the Combined PhD/Master of Psychology (Organisational) program for 2018. Should further information be required, please contact the School directly at email@example.com.
Intake: Semester 1 only (Academic Calendar)
Applications open: Throughout the year until the deadline
Application deadline: 31 October each year
How to Apply
- Read this step-by-step guide to apply for a Master of Psychology program.
- Complete a Supplementary Application Form to attach to the application.
- Ask TWO referees to submit their references directly to the School, either by:
- Completing an online referee report via The Australian Psychology Post-Graduate Program Reference Request System. User Guides are available at http://psych.hosted-sites.deakin.edu.au/psych-reference-user-guide/story.html.
- Applicants must have completed an accredited four-year sequence in psychology within 10 years of their expected commencement in the Master of Psychology. Exceptions may be possible in limited circumstances, guided by the APAC Rules & Standards June 2010.
- International psychology qualifications must be assessed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) before an application is submitted. Note that the APS will only assess complete qualifications.
- Enrolled students must register as provisional psychologists prior to program commencement. Registration must be maintained for the duration of their enrolment.
- Applicants should familiarise themselves with the relevant Registration Standards developed by the Psychology Board of Australia. The requirements of these standards must be met before an application for registration as a provisional psychologist can be approved.
- All applicants, domestic and international, are encouraged to use AHPRA’s Pathways diagram for all professions (under ‘Additional resources’) to guide their understanding of the Registration Standard: English Language Skills.
- Applicants interested only in coursework should submit just one coursework application. An additional coursework preference can be nominated within the same application.
- Applicants interested in both coursework and a Combined PhD/Master of Psychology (research) program should submit a research application in addition to their coursework application. The Graduate Research School’s website details how to prepare such an application.
For enquiries relating to the UNSW Apply Online service, please contact UNSW Admissions.
For enquires relating to the application process or eligibility, please refer to the School’s Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Administrative Officer (Postgraduate Support).
For enquiries relating to program content, or academic information, please either refer to the University Handbook, the Program Guides, or contact the relevant Program Director as below.
- Master of Psychology (Clinical): A/Prof Jessica Grisham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Master of Psychology (Forensic): Prof Richard Kemp (email@example.com)
Information current at: March 2017